San Bernardino County Superintendent
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools’
With more than 33 years of experience in public education,
He joined County Schools in 2008 as the assistant superintendent of Business Services, and later was appointed deputy superintendent, overseeing all operations of the organization.
Mr. Alejandre is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserves and served 17 years with the 701ST Combat Operations Squadron. Currently, he serves as an Air Force liaison officer for local high schools and is responsible for the recruitment/evaluation of prospective students for the Air Force Academy.
As county superintendent, Mr. Alejandre works collaboratively with educators, families, other agencies and stakeholders to provide advocacy, leadership and services for and on behalf of the 406,000 K-12 students attending public schools in San Bernardino County. His office oversees a $230 million annual operating budget and employs nearly 2,000 employees.
Ted Alejandre's vision for ALL students is that they:
- Graduate prepared to compete in and contribute to our local economy and the global marketplace
- Become successful adults as a result of innovative and relevant educational programs
- Master 21st Century skills including critical thinking, creativity, communication and collaboration, and social/personal responsibility
- Have equal access to highly effective and engaging instructional programs at all levels
- Learn in safe, encouraging and motivating school environments
Ted Alejandre will collaborate with district leadership and all stakeholders to ensure stronger schools and communities. Under his leadership, the following goals are top priorities:
- Celebrate, promote and highlight effective district practices that demonstrate results
- Deliver the highest level of quality service and programs to school districts
- 3. Continue to foster, strengthen and sustain vital partnerships with all stakeholders to realize the County Schools‘ Strategic Plan and the Countywide Vision
Click on the sections above to learn more about Ted's experience, family values and commitments.